Thursday, January 18, 2007

week 10...

It's too early to write and I'm frying myself, preparing for the online version Jeopardy, which may or may not get me on the show. Without sounding too crass, I'm boning up on my knowledge of useless information. Here's this week's downloads:

1. Blue Sky Mile, "Ten Minutes"
Chris Walla produced this now-defunct Seattle band's debut EP. Even though Initial Records pushed them as the next Thursday and Brand New, you could hear more of a midwest rock influence with them.

2. Xzibit featuring Mobb Deep, "Eyes May Shine (Remix)"
The b-side for Xzibit's second single, "Eyes May Shine (Remix)" features production by Mobb Deep as well as some pretty harsh lyrics, even by the infamous Mobb's standards.

3. The Nonce, "Mix Tapes"
My friend Dave has this song called "Ol' School Sessions" where he borrows elements of songs from the early-t0-mid 90's era hip-hop. The Nonce's seminal single "Mix Tapes" is explored on the second verse.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home