Tuesday, December 12, 2006

week 5

sorry for the lag.... i guess i forgot to update the site. my bad. in all fairness though, the holiday season is hard for a guy like me. and by "guy like me" i mean someone who doesn't remember things save bits of pop culture. oh well.

1. Brand New "aloC-acoC (Coca-Cola)"
This is the b-side to their single "Sowing Season." it's not on the album and to avoid getting sued by the biggest label conglomerate in the world, i'm seriously only going to leave this up for a week. peep it while you can, because it actually sounds pretty good, in a "it's hard to find a friend"-Pedro the lion sort of way.

2/3. OC "Far From Yours" and "My World"
These two songs were sort of put together for OC's "Far From Yours" video from way back in '97. "Far From Yours" is a OC's attempt at a commercial radio single, which rocks a slick Brothers Johnson loop. "My World" is classic DJ Premier.

4. Shai "Baby I'm Yours"
If you check out this mp3blog often enough, you'll notice that I have a spot in my heart for '90s R&B. Shai is one of the best groups that have long been overshadowed by Boyz II Men and Blackstreet. Side note: I saw Shai in the summer of 1993 and my mom, of all people, managed to harass some people backstage and she got my CD signed. Seriously.

5. The Hit, "Caliber"
The Hit was a short-lived band from Seattle. They kind of sounded like Jawbreaker. This is probably their best song.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home